Pickleball at BVC
Address: Badminton Vancouver, 110-13100 Mitchell Road, Richmond BC, V6V 1M8
Desk phone: 604-325-5128
A SPECIAL NOTE:
It is important that all individuals understand that when you choose to participate in physical activities outside the home during the pandemic you are at an increased risk of contracting COVID-19. This is an inherent risk of participating in non-essential activities in your community.
There may be other user groups at BVC during your visit which may increase your risk of contracting COVID-19. All guests should know the common symptoms of COVID-19 and stay away if displaying symptoms.
Guests will not be permitted to use BVC if:
– they don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19
– someone in their household has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19
– they have traveled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days
– someone in their household has traveled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days
– they have been in contact with a known/presumptive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Guests who are over 65 years, immuno-compromised, or who have underlying health conditions are deemed to be higher risk. Underlying health conditions include hypertension, diabetes, COPD/asthma, cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular disease, and higher thromboembolism risk. Indoor group sport is not recommended for these individuals. Those who live with high-risk individuals should consider their participation carefully.
Physical distancing of 2 meters must be practiced at all times on and off the court.
Please bring your own pickleballs and paddles. We will not be lending balls or paddles for use by rental groups at this time.
To maintain occupancy limits, only individuals involved in an activity will be permitted inside BVC.
The current maximum capacity for the BVC is 48 individuals.
Spectators are not permitted.
Please limit the amount of personal belongings brought into BVC.
You will be advised where to place your belongings in the facility.
There must be no sharing of water bottles, towels or other personal items.
General Hygiene Considerations
Guests should wash their hands before and immediately following activities.
Guests should avoid touching one’s face throughout activities.
Guests should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash their hands, or sneeze/cough into their elbow.
Guests should consider wearing a mask and gloves
Common Areas and Services
Please follow all signage, markers and directions when inside BVC.
There is no access to the spectator seating, vending machine or changerooms at this time.
Please respect the occupancy limits posted at the washrooms.
Payment will be online, by phone or contactless. Cash payment is not permitted at this time.
1. Collect your belongings and leave the court area, following the directional signage.
2. Please keep track of the time and be prompt in leaving the court so that we can clean it between sessions. As per the rental agreement, all participants must be off the court within 10 minutes of the ending time.
3. Do not socialize or congregate in BVC or in the parking lot so that other guests are able to safely enjoy their sessions.
If guests do not adhere to these rules and protocols, they will be asked to leave BVC.
Any violation of these rules may result in forfeit of the rental with no refund.